mid week musings on blogging and plans for this site
I am in the process of taking a look at how this blog should work and to reduce the amount of time that I spend each week on keeping this and its companion web site running smoothly.
The logical step is to merge the two and I have started making changes to the web hosting in prepartion for a merger and to try to understand what the changes would make for you, my readers, and myself.
I think that there is enough evidence to show that the change will be beneficial, not least in that it will mean that I don’t have to have advertisments for products that I would probably not endorse inserted into my blog posts.
I don’t begrudge WordPress doing this; they have to make a living and they don’t charge me for hosting the blog, but to have the blog on my own web site gives me control and means that I can focus more on what appears here.
Thanks for all of your support and interest. Monday Musings will continue, supplemented by other thoughts as and when they occur. As next Monday is another holiday I am trying to come up with another frivolous, or even a spoof, post. Stand by for a little Sci-Fi perhaps.
Free Advice – Just Ask John
- building for the future
- making decisions is easy; making good ones takes skill (plus a little courage)
- don’t fear failure; get out there and compete
- what’s in a name?
- lessons in life and leadership from Pete Seeger
- more musings on changing with the times
- good people will always lift your spirits
- vision? leaders don’t need vision
- whether we like it ot not, weather will happen
- holiday humour as strange things happen in the elevator
- "Currently all of our operators are busy as we are experiencing high volumes at the moment". Could do with a rethink on that script perhaps? 1 day ago
- It's over 20 year since Gyles Brandreth tried to introduce a plain English in contracts bill. Sadly he failed, but we should try again. 1 day ago
- Re the Tweet about the lawyers who got it wrong. They sent out a new letter that was also wrong. Got it right at the 3rd try! 1 day ago
- Wrestling with more legal issues & Blairite bureaucracy today. I think it will be a long one... 1 day ago
- Today we have challenged a solicitor's letter sent to tenants about a lease. They were wrong & have apologised. Glad I'm not their client.. 3 days ago