mid week musings on blogging and plans for this site
I am in the process of taking a look at how this blog should work and to reduce the amount of time that I spend each week on keeping this and its companion web site running smoothly.
The logical step is to merge the two and I have started making changes to the web hosting in prepartion for a merger and to try to understand what the changes would make for you, my readers, and myself.
I think that there is enough evidence to show that the change will be beneficial, not least in that it will mean that I don’t have to have advertisments for products that I would probably not endorse inserted into my blog posts.
I don’t begrudge WordPress doing this; they have to make a living and they don’t charge me for hosting the blog, but to have the blog on my own web site gives me control and means that I can focus more on what appears here.
Thanks for all of your support and interest. Monday Musings will continue, supplemented by other thoughts as and when they occur. As next Monday is another holiday I am trying to come up with another frivolous, or even a spoof, post. Stand by for a little Sci-Fi perhaps.
Free Advice – Just Ask John
- musings on learning and on lessons learnt
- How many FM companies employ an FM?
- A man can stand anything except a succession of ordinary days
- ThatConsultantBloke’s Quick Guides
- communication is a funny old game
- teaching is a two way street
- You don’t agree? Make my day and tell me
- Trick or treat? Some skeletons from the closet…
- midweek musings on Edinburgh
- customer service is an attitude of mind
- musings on learning and on lessons learnt wp.me/pyGIf-oT 2 days ago
- RT @BBCBusiness: Retailers valued at up £50,000 will get a discount on their business rates for next 2 yrs bbc.in/18b6vXW #AS2013 6 days ago
- It's a bit windy out here in North Wilts, but my thoughts are with colleagues up in #Scotland Hope you are all coping. #facman 6 days ago
- 84 - The Hidden Language of the Soul wp.me/p2BL4Q-dT via @wordpressdotcom 6 days ago
- A strange yellow light has broken through the gloom. It is stirring a vague feeling of deja-vu, but I can't quite place it... #ukweather 1 week ago