mid week musings on blogging and plans for this site
I am in the process of taking a look at how this blog should work and to reduce the amount of time that I spend each week on keeping this and its companion web site running smoothly.
The logical step is to merge the two and I have started making changes to the web hosting in prepartion for a merger and to try to understand what the changes would make for you, my readers, and myself.
I think that there is enough evidence to show that the change will be beneficial, not least in that it will mean that I don’t have to have advertisments for products that I would probably not endorse inserted into my blog posts.
I don’t begrudge WordPress doing this; they have to make a living and they don’t charge me for hosting the blog, but to have the blog on my own web site gives me control and means that I can focus more on what appears here.
Thanks for all of your support and interest. Monday Musings will continue, supplemented by other thoughts as and when they occur. As next Monday is another holiday I am trying to come up with another frivolous, or even a spoof, post. Stand by for a little Sci-Fi perhaps.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Free Advice – Just Ask John
- musings on the pace of change
- business cycles are a just a natural progression
- holiday humour – could I have sobotaged the Aztecs
- could FMs become sought after by other functions?
- would you be a leader or a manager, and does it matter which you are?
- is it unreasonable to be focused?
- let’s get rid of the unlimited liability clause
- facilities managers to save the nation!
- things are not always what they seem to be
- Improvement projects should make things better, shouldn’t they?
- musings on the pace of change wp.me/pyGIf-n4 3 days ago
- RIP Dick Trickle. Great racer, great man and I'm proud to have managed to get over and see you race a couple of times. #NASCAR Another hero! 5 days ago
- RT @TheDriverJohn: Sad to hear that Dick Trickle has left the track for the last time. One of the true characters and a real racer. RIP #NA… 5 days ago
- Why do people seem to check their brains in with their hold luggage? 1 week ago
- Made it to the business parking OK. 1 week ago