mid week musings on blogging and plans for this site
I am in the process of taking a look at how this blog should work and to reduce the amount of time that I spend each week on keeping this and its companion web site running smoothly.
The logical step is to merge the two and I have started making changes to the web hosting in prepartion for a merger and to try to understand what the changes would make for you, my readers, and myself.
I think that there is enough evidence to show that the change will be beneficial, not least in that it will mean that I don’t have to have advertisments for products that I would probably not endorse inserted into my blog posts.
I don’t begrudge WordPress doing this; they have to make a living and they don’t charge me for hosting the blog, but to have the blog on my own web site gives me control and means that I can focus more on what appears here.
Thanks for all of your support and interest. Monday Musings will continue, supplemented by other thoughts as and when they occur. As next Monday is another holiday I am trying to come up with another frivolous, or even a spoof, post. Stand by for a little Sci-Fi perhaps.
Free Advice – Just Ask John
- Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved.
- More musings on Winston Churchill and bullying in leadership
- You miss 100% of the shots that you don't take - Michael Jordan
- A man can stand anything except a succession of ordinary days
- RT @GeraldoRivera: For what it's worth my message the same #GiveTrumpAChance It was rough/tough speech but #draintheswamp is something this… 3 days ago
- RT @writingforwork: Don't you love this from Ian Smith? "If you don't know what introspection is you need to take a long, hard look at your… 3 days ago
- RT @GeraldoRivera: Best line in @realDonaldTrump #Inaugural speech: "When you open your heart to patriotism there is no room for prejudice." 3 days ago
- RT @realDonaldTrump: What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. 3 days ago
- RT @LondonRH: Sunrise over #London @CushWakeUK https://t.co/v6QtHaxxJN 4 days ago